Learn Swedish Massage
Have you always wanted to know how to massage? Would you like to know the foundation skills and fundamentals of Swedish Massage?
Massage is the systematic and scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body. Plus, it’s fun, feels amazing, and who doesn’t want a massage? Not only that, but it is healing and can bring peace to a troubled mind and relief to a tense or stressed body.
Massage can assist mentally, physically and spiritually.
In our opinion, knowing how to massage a full body using proper techniques specifically designed for some pretty incredible benefits, is a win win for any individual.
Reasons to take a short course with CBC:
- Want to learn how to massage from an experienced massage therapist?
- Want to learn intermediate to advance skill levels of technique and movement?
- Looking for a new hobby that provides unlimited health benefits?
- Looking to do it professionally?
- Want to massage friends and family?
- You and your family love to receive massage, but it is so expensive!! Learn massage and save $$$
- You have always been interested in massage, stop waiting and start treating!
- Want to surprise your loved one with an invaluable skill?
Swedish Massage Benefits include but not limited to:
- Reduction in muscle spasm, pain and tension
- Release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killer
- Relaxation and reduction in anxiety
- Improve blood circulation
- Improve lymphatic drainage
- Improve mobility
- Reduction of swelling
- Inducing a feeling of well-being through the comfort of human touch and balancing the overall flow of natural life energy throughout the body
What your investment includes and why CBC stands out:
- Guided and step by step training
- One on one, hands on training with a fully qualified instructor
- Basic Anatomical charts
- Swedish massage techniques and hand positions
- Major methods of treatment
- Objectives of Massage
- How to create the perfect environment for massage
- Proper draping techniques using towels (or similar)
- Good Body Mechanics
- Full body routine (including abdominal massage)
- Benefits of Swedish Massage and Abdominal Massage
- Massage terminology and movements
- Communication during massage
- Causes of non-specific back pain and what to do for it
- Musculo-sleletal injuries and what to do in early stages of treatment
- Written Assessment- This is emailed to you prior to your first session commencing so that you are knowledgeable on what your instructor is talking about.
- Learning in the comfort of your own home
- Learning at the pace YOU want
- Table, oil, towels, music, etc. is provided for each session
- Option of table rental during your course (Additional fees apply, please enquire)
What you will need:
Passion and desire to learn massage
A model to practice on each session (FYI Models are not hard to find!)
Each session- $225 AUD
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is each session?
Each session runs 2.5-3 hours
How many sessions are required?
To learn a full body massage it usually takes 4 to 5 sessions. Learn at your own pace, and book in when YOU want and have the time.
Do I have to learn a full body routine?
NO, if you only want to learn back, let’s teach you back. If you only want to learn back of the body, let’s teach you back of the body. We only want to teach you what you want to learn.
Is it like school, is it boring?
NO Way!! CBC has a team of fun, energetic, passionate therapists who love to share their knowledge and their stories (which can be very entertaining) throughout their time in the massage industry while teaching you in the comfort of your own surroundings.
Can anyone do the course?
Yes! As long as you are over the age of 18, and want to learn how to massage.
Do you go in depth in anatomy?
We teach you the largest and most superficial muscles in each area you work on. Anatomy workbooks will be sent to you.
Do you have to have a model for the entire session?
Yes, we need to demonstrate then assist you in techniques and movements.
What if I couldn’t find a model for 1 of the sessions?
If you have issues finding models (which rarely happens) CBC will be happy to provide one for you with additional cost.
If arrangements are made 3 days prior to session time, a $25 fee will be added to your session cost. If it is last minute (within 4 hours) of session time, a $50 fee will be added to session cost. If a last-minute emergency did occur, please phone 0478 972 907 and speak to us in regard to the matter.
Does anyone ever go on to do an entire course for Cert. IV or Diploma level?
Yes, some individuals find that this is where their passion is and that this is the career for them. Not to mention, when they start their course, they are already one step ahead and not so overwhelmed with terminology and movements.
Others do not, they are happy to stay connected with Swedish Massage as their preferred modality. Also, they are happy they did not commit to a lengthy course, waste time and money, and have the headache of un enrolling which can be stressful and difficult.