“What better way to show your infant they are loved, than through the power of touch”- CBC
What better way to show an infant they are loved, than through the power of touch.
- Are you an expecting parent?
- Are you already a parent with an infant or toddler?
- Are you a grandparent or caregiver?
Learn a full body massage sequence specifically designed for infants and children. This massage sequence can be done daily or as often as you like.
What you will learn with this investment may include but not limited to:
- Full body massage routine with up to date massage techniques
- One on one and face to face learning experience
- Massage moves and sequence to assist with colic, wind, bloating, etc.
- Lymphatic sequence and benefits
- Which oils are safe to use on infants and children
- How to test for skin sensitivities
- When massage should be performed
- How long (duration) an infant/toddler should receive massage
- When massage should be avoided
- Safe positioning for infant
- Interpreting and responding to an infant’s body language
- Enable your infant to successfully communicate their need for touch
- Create a stronger bond with infant
- Step by step demonstration guided by a fully qualified PMC (Paediatric Massage Consultant)
- Receive a certificate from CBC after you have successfully and competently completed the course.
Benefits for Parents Investment
Research has shown that adults who provide massage to their infants experience less anxiety, fewer depressive symptoms, improved mood, improved self-esteem as a parent, and cortisol levels decrease (stress hormone).
Parents feel more confident and a closer bond with their baby after learning and performing massage to their infants.
After learning massage techniques, studies show that fathers have been seen to improve interaction with their infants. (CBC offers father only group sessions, please inquire for details.)
Our goal at CBC is to ensure you receive up to date information and techniques, proper use of techniques, and walk away fully confident in performing massage on your child after our time together.
Benefits of Infant Massage include but not limited to:
- Relaxation of skeletal muscle
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation
- Reduces anxiety and improves alertness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves pulmonary (lung) function
- Reduces stress hormone levels in children AND their parents
- Can enhance emotions and improve mood by increasing dopamine levels (happy hormone)
- Increases weight gain in low birth-weight infants
- *Improves sleep by increasing serotonin levels and regulating melatonin secretion rhythms. **Better quality of sleep for infants**
- Increases Vagal activity (6th cranial nerve that effects the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems)
- Provides a wide range of benefits to children with special needs, such as: Cerebral palsy, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Dermatitis, Diabetes. Down syndrome, HIV exposed infants, Leukaemia, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal cord injuries and more conditions with similar symptoms.
- Enhances cognitive and motor development
- Relief of discomfort- pain relief, chest congestion, sinus congestion
- Reduces symptoms of eczema
- **Reduces crying!!!!**
- Enhances attachment and bonding between infant and parent/caregiver
- Enhances body awareness
- Enhances habituation (a form of learning)
As you can see, the list clearly goes on and on. A true benefit for any infant, especially your own.
There is no greater gift than knowing you, yourself, can give great benefit to your child.
We like to say, “The gift that keeps giving.”
Additional sessions are always available upon request.
Sessions available throughout the Gold Coast:
Private session – One on one with instructor ($80 per session)
Group session – Mixed group, Couples, Fathers only, Mothers only, etc.
Groups of 4 or more ($70 per session per person)